Thursday, December 11, 2008

Welcome

First I would like to say welcome to everyone reading our new blog. We are hoping this is a great opportunity to open a discussion about all things Las Vegas. We want to hear people's stories, memories, histories, and questions. In turn we will try to update everyone on what exhibits we have, what new events are happening, and what programs we're initiating. More to come on all of that.

I would like to encourage everyone to go to our website: http://www.lasvegasmuseum.org/
The website will tell you more about the museum and what we do. The education page has a lot of new things, including the podcasts, and games.

The podcasts, created by NMHU Media Arts Graduate student Adrienne Booth, are phenomenal. The Rough Riders Podcast is about 11 minutes long. It works as gallery tour, as well as an informational video on its own. The La Casita Podcast is about 9 mins long and also can stand alone or be used in the museum. I am still working on these videos being downloadable from the website - bear with me.

The games were created by NMHU Media Arts student Cabrini Martinez. They are very fun for both children and adults, and the animation is fabulous. I would like to point out that the adorable Teddy Bear Roosevelt character is an original creation of Cabrini.

If anyone has questions please don't hesitate to contact me. I will keep this blog updated, and post something once a week at least. If anyone has subjects they would like me to address, please leave me a comment. Thanks and Welcome!!


Nellie


No comments:

Post a Comment